Thinking about new music for taiko, Chad Williams and I made this brief informational video while we were at the 2011 North American Taiko Conference at Stanford University from August 18-21. Included are thoughts from:
- Kenny Endo (Taiko Center of the Pacific, Hawai’i)
- George Abe (founding member of Kinnara Taiko, Los Angeles)
- Roy and PJ Hirabayashi (directors emeritus of San Jose Taiko)
- Yoshihiko Miyamoto (president of Miyamoto Unosuke Shoten, Tokyo)
- Masato Baba (artistic director of TAIKOPROJECT, member of On Ensemble, Los Angeles)
- Michelle Fujii (artistic director of Portland Taiko)
What would you like to hear about generating new work for taiko?